|Silvana Conillo, BVSc||2019|
|Dr. Med. Vet. Mato Markovic||2017|
|Audrey Lovenveent, DVM||2017|
|Jennifer Katz, DVM||2015|
|Roger Wilkinson, DVM||2014|
|Jacqueline Pankatz, DVM||2014|
|Sheri Newell, DVM||2014|
|Jason Tomes, DVM||2013|
|Anita Pratt Morris, VMD||2013|
|Karen Cullen, DVM||2013|
|Eric Lindquist, DVM, DABVP (Italy)||2010|
|Christopher Miller, DVM||2010|
|Amy Bossung, DVM||2010|
|Andrew Denning, BVetMed, CertVR, DVDI, MRCVS||2009|
|Sophie Acton, BVSc, MRCVS, Cert SAM||2009|
|Gretchen Rowe, DVM||2008|
Maintenance of Certification IVUSS
The purpose of the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) is to assure continued competency and active participation of IVUSS Certificate holders in continuing education within the specialty of ultrasonography. Maintenance of certification is mandatory for all certified individuals from 2017 forward.
In order to maintain the IVUSS Certification the individual must: be a member of IVUSS, achieve 100 professional development points over 10 years, and the annual dues must be paid each year and current.
If at the 10-year audit the individual has not met the criteria for maintenance of certification, the certification will become inactive until the criteria are satisfied. An annual audit letter will be sent to help track the points. It is recommended to achieve at least 10 points per year. The individual is otherwise responsible for reporting and having proof of participation.
Professional Development Points:
All 100 professional development points can be achieved in knowledge and competence. At least 70% of points must come from knowledge and competence, and 30% are allowed in service.
Knowledge and Competence
a. Meeting attendance
- Specialist level meetings: 10 points annual IVUSS, ACVR, ECVID
- ACVIM, AVBP, EAVDI, VETMEET (C.E. Meeting Request forms are available for meetings not listed)
- Generalist level meetings: 3 points per day for regional, state, and local race approved (USA), relevant topics. No CE Request Form needed with race approval.
b. Workshop attendance
- 1 point per hour of attendance to IVUSS approved workshop up to 15 points/year
- For example: Sound, Universal, Sonopath, Oquendo, Wave, HKVUS, CVE, and University of Sydney and Melbourne; other with CE Request Form and Board approval
- Day course/workshops 1 point per hour up with up to 15 points per year
- Mentor IVUSS Candidate-3 points per year/candidate with a maximum of 6 points per year.
- IVUSS case of the month: posted, unlimited submissions and 2 point per case
- ACVR, ACVIM, JAVMA:
- 1st author:20 points
- 2nd author: 10 points
- Supporting author: 5 points
- Vet Practice news and similar
- 1st author: 10 points
- 2nd author: 5 points
- Presentation specialist level: 5 points; Generalist: 2 points
- Poster/abstract relevant topic: 2 points
Service on the Board grants 5 points per year with a maximum of 30 points.
Those individuals who have achieved IVUSS Certification prior to 2017 can submit their professional development points to date. An extension of three years will be granted those Certified before 2017 who will not meet the 100 point /10yr total.
For those individuals who need modification to the extension period the Board reserves the right to evaluate an appeal from an individual and modify accordingly.
IVUSS will send an annual email with a worksheet to submit your points. IVUSS will also keep a record of points. The individual should keep a copy of their points as well.